How to add custom legal disclosure for your signers?
Fri, 12 Nov, 2021
Legal terms give the users legal disclosures, terms, and conditions before they can continue with the actual process. The legal terms added is not just to inform but also to get approval to the terms beforehand. BoldSign provides its user an option to add legal terms as per their requirement. The user can define their custom terms and get signer’s approval on them before proceeding with the signing process.
Defining the custom legal terms
- The option for adding custom legal terms is available under the Branding section. To add it, first, you have to start by creating or editing a brand.
- You can see the Custom Legal Terms option at the bottom of the branding page. Enable the option.
- Add a title in the title box to display during the signing process. The title you add here will appear as a link text during the signing process along with the terms and conditions of BoldSign.
- Next, you can see a text box below the title box to add the custom legal terms as per requirement. You can use markdown format or the toolbar to format the contents of it.
- Here are the supported markdown syntaxes for your reference.
|Formatting option||Markdown Syntax|
|Heading Size 1||# Heading 1|
|Heading Size 2||## Heading 2|
|Heading Size 3||### Heading 3|
|Lists||* List Item|
|Link Text||[Link Text] (www.samplelink.com “Help Text”)|
- You can see the preview of the legal terms on the right side. Click on the title of the legal terms to see the preview of your legal terms.
- After entering the required legal terms and formatting, update the details to the brand by clicking the Save Change button at the top right.
Using the custom legal terms
- While sending the document, select your respective brand where you have defined your custom legal terms and send the document as usual.
- When signing the document, the signer is now presented with custom legal terms and must agree to it, to continue signing the document.